(Received: 02/20/2012, Posted: 02/26/2012)
URGENT ALERT – ILLINOIS AMMUNITION TAX MAY BE VOTED ON SOON
YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED
1. State Representative Kelly Cassidy (D-Chicago) has introduced a bill that would levy a 2% “Sin Tax” on retail ammunition sales in Illinois.
2. This bill, HB5167, also creates the “High Crime Trauma Center Grant Fund.” All proceeds from the 2% Ammunition Sin Tax would go into this grant fund to pay for medical bills racked up by gang-bangers injured while trying to kill one another.
3. HB5167 is a slap to the face of all law-abiding gun owners as it places the blame for violent crime on you because you dare to wish to own firearms.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS
1. Phone your State Representative and politely tell him/her that you are a law-abiding firearm owner and that you resent the implication that you are to blame for violent crime. Tell your representative that you oppose HB5167 and that you expect them to vote against HB5167 should the bill come to the floor of the House. If you do not know how to reach your State Representative, please use the link below from the Illinois Board of Elections.
2. Send this alert to your gun-owning friends and family members. Tell them to contact their State Representatives as well.
3. Post this Alert to any and all Internet blogs or bulletin boards to which you belong.
4. If you are not a member of the ISRA, then join today!
5. Make a generous donation to the ISRA so that we will be better able to fight draconian gun grab bills like HB5167 and other attacks on your Constitutional rights.
See the link below.