(Received: 05/23/2012, Posted: 05/23/2012)
URGENT ALERT – ERIC HOLDER AND U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE BEHIND DANGEROUS NEW PROPOSAL TO RESTRICT RIGHTS OF ILLINOIS GUN OWNERS
YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED!
BOTTOM LINE UP FRONT: U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and the Illinois State Police are teaming up to pass legislation to destroy your right to privacy and your gun rights in exchange for federal grant money.
HOW THEY PLAN TO DO IT: Representative Cynthia Soto – an ardent Chicago Gun Grabber – recently used parliamentary procedure to hijack an anti-drug bill (SB1034) and turn it into one of the most dangerous anti-gun bills ever put before the Illinois General Assembly. It has been determined that Rep. Soto is just a minor player in this effort and that ERIC HOLDER and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) are behind this assault on your rights. The DOJ has promised the Illinois State Police that they will get millions of dollars in federal grants if this legislation is passed. Holder feels that, if he waves a few dollars under the noses of the Illinois State Police, then they’ll sell legal gun owners down the river.
OUR MESSAGE TO ERIC HOLDER AND THE ILLINOIS STATE POLICE: “Sorry folks. . . our freedom isn’t for sale!”
WHAT PASSAGE OF SB1034 WOULD MEAN:
1. You would be forced to disclose your Social Security Number to the Illinois State Police when you apply for a FOID card. Disclosing your Social Security Number to the State Police would give them unlimited access to your personal information to include your credit records, your tax returns, your payroll information and even whether you owe overdue fines at the local library. There is no reason for the State Police to have your Social Security Number except to find a way to take your guns away.
2. SB1034 would pretty much eliminate the reinstatement process for FOID holders who had their cards revoked for whatever reason. Thus, thousands of persons not prohibited under federal law from owning firearms would be denied their rights by the Illinois State Police with little hope of successful appeal.
3. In a deliberate attempt to thin the ranks of lawful gun owners, SB1034 greatly broadens the definition of “domestic violence” situations that would lead to your guns being confiscated. For example, if you and your brother get in a shoving match over the outcome of a Bears game, then you both lose your gun rights PERMANENTLY. If you discipline your children in a manner that some busybody doesn’t like, you lose your gun rights FOREVER. This provision of SB1034 falls into the bucket of “any excuse to take guns away.”
4. SB1034 would impose A MINIMUM 60-DAY WAITING PERIOD ON FIREARMS AND AMMO PURCHASES for new residents of the state. There is no other purpose for this provision other than to encourage gun owners to leave their guns behind before moving into Illinois.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO SAVE YOUR GUN RIGHTS:
1. Contact your State Representative and State Senator and politely tell the person who answers the phone that you are a law-abiding firearm owner who opposes SB1034 and that you expect your State Representative and State Senator to vote AGAINST SB1034. Remind the person that this is an election year and that you will not vote for your rep or senator if they vote for SB1034. If you do not know who your State Representative or State Senator is, then click this link to go to the Illinois Board of Elections:
2. Please circulate this alert to all your gun-owning friends and ask them to contact their elected officials as well.
3. Please post this alert to any and all internet blogs, bulletin boards, and social networking websites to which you may belong.
4. Please make a generous donation to the ISRA by going to:
REMEMBER – GUN CONTROL IS A DISEASE AND YOU’RE THE CURE!