(Received: 05/18/2014, Posted: 05/19/2014)
BILL TO TAKE YOUR GUNS AWAY FROM YOU INTRODUCED IN ILLINOIS SENATE
There are 3 sure signs that Spring has sprung - crabgrass, dandelions, and another gun grab bill introduced by that annoying weed of a man, Senator Dan Kotowski.
It's no secret that Kotowski deeply dislikes firearms and the people who own them. Likewise, it's very evident that Kotowski will spare no effort to punish law-abiding Illinois citizens for daring to own firearms.
On May 13th, Kotowski introduced SB3659 - the biggest gun grab seen thus far this legislative session. Under this bill, most of the firearms in your gun safe would have to be registered (for an undetermined fee) or turned in to the police. Kotowski's bill also contains a provision that licenses and registers gun owners just like child molesters.
Kotowski's only goal is to go down in history as the guy who broke the back of the 2nd Amendment. Kotowski doesn't care about your rights, your dignity, or your safety. All Kotowski cares about is making a name for himself - at your expense.
So, it's time for gun owners to push back. It's time for Kotowski to come to understand that Illinois gun owners will not sit idly by as their rights are snatched from them by political opportunist.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO PRESERVE AND PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS/
- Call your state senator politely tell them that you are a law-abiding firearm owner who does not appreciate having his/her rights violated by people like Dan Kotowski. Advise your senator to vote against SB3659 if it makes it to the floor.
- Call Sen. Kotowski at (217) 782-3875. Advise the person who answers the phone that you are a law-abiding firearm owner and that you are sick of the disrespect that you are receiving at the hands of Kotowski. Tell the person that you do not appreciate Obama's efforts to ban your guns, register you like a sex offender, or tax your guns.
- Get a car pool together and pay a visit to Kotowski's district office located at 350 S. Northwest Highway, Suite 300, Park Ridge, IL 60068. Advise the staff as per item 2. above.
- Pass this alert on to all your gun owning friends and family.
- Please post this alert to any and all Blogs or Internet bulletin boards to which you belong.
- If you are not currently a member of the ISRA, become one today.
- If you are a member, please consider giving a donation to the ISRA. We may have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to preserve your rights. We could really use the financial support of our members. Click here to donate!