This document is a "work in progress" and may be updated as needed.
Members Home Page and Information
(revised, effective January 1, 2015)
The McHenry Sportsmen's Club is a Trapshooter's club which offers memberships to people that enjoy and want to participate in the sport of Trapshooting and agrees with the club's
Terms and Conditions.
Memberships are currently open and may be available to any person who may legally own and shoot a shotgun.
In the state of Illinois, you must have a valid Illinois Firearms Owner's Identification Card (FOID).
Residents of other states must be legally (in their state) able to own and shoot a shotgun.
You can shoot at the club and not be a member. To shoot at the club you must still qualify for membership.
(membership is your option).
There are advantages to membership. If it is right for you, you may apply. If they are not right for you, simply shoot as a guest.
- Memberships are annual and run from January 1 through December 31.
- Memberships may be renewed starting December 1 for the next year.
- Your membership expires on December 31.
- You have a 30 day grace period where you can still enjoy membership privileges.
- If you have not renewed your membership by February 1, your membership is considered dormant.
- Dormant members may still shoot at the club, but will be treated as non-members.
- An individual membership or renewal as of January 1, 2019 is: 180.00.
- A family membership or renewal: is 210.00.
- A senior (sixty-five years or older) membership or renewal is: 85.00
Advantage of membership:
- You can shoot a round of 25 SINGLE targets for 6.00 (instead of 12.00).
- You can shoot a round of 25 DOUBLE target PAIRS for 7.00 (instead of 15.00).
- You can purchase a pre-paid shooting shooting discount card: 5.50 for singles, 7.50 for doubles.
(that is our best regular adult shooting price.)
- Your membership is ether an individual or family membership (you, your spouse and children).
(Children are 18 years or younger or 21 if still in college)
- You and your family can attend the club's annual family picnic.
The picnic is free, you will be fed and if you want to shoot, there will be a special picnic price.
- You and your family can attend and participate in the club's Championship Shoot.
- We encourage all members to join a committee.
This is a member run club. The maintenance of the grounds and items pertaining to the running of the club are member run.
- If you feel you have something to offer the club and desire to do so, please make it known.
- We need all the help we can get
- The best thing you can do is to support the club by coming out to shoot.
Committee Sign Up:
Effective January 1, 2015: Our club now has a member volunteering policy:
It is our goal to do our best to keep costs down.
In order to do so, it is imperative that our membership help the club by volunteering their time and talent to control expenditures.
This will help reduce the requirement to look to outside sources to perform various projects.
It will be required that each member volunteer six hours during the year to help achieve our goal.
Exemptions are given to our senior membership – however, we will not turn anyone over 65 away from volunteering.
Attached to your membership application is a list of several committees.
We ask that you sign up for one or more of these committees so we can have a working database of volunteers when various projects arise.
The alternative of not signing up and volunteering for a committee or committees would be to pay an additional “buy out” fee of sixty dollars.
That money would be used to pay outside sources to complete projects when necessary.
We would hope that everyone would at least sign up to be on the safety committee.
It is the responsibility of the entire membership to maintain safety on and off the trap field.
Are you intrested in joining our club?
We currently have openings.
If you are intrested in becoming a member, please do the following:
- Click on the link below, read over the Terms and Conditions of our club.
- Make sure you agree to them and that this is the type of club you wish to be associated with.
- If you have never been to our club, it is recommended that you visit the facility.
- Please read over this information and return to this page.
- Fill out the application and bring it to the club or mail it with your membership fees.
- If you apply via mail, your application will be reviewed and you will receive a membership card when you come to the club.
- Do not mail to the club, please use the address provided on the application.
- If for some reason we were not able to process your application:
You will receive your membership fees back.
You will have to come to the club to resolve whatever issue(s) prevented us from processing your application.
- Once you are a member, it is your responsibility to renew your membership.
When it is time to renew, you may do so at the club or download your membership renewal application and letter.
Your membership card may be picked up at the club.
- You are a member of a sportsmen's club and as such you represent the club.
- As a member, you are part of the club. Please... do not disrespect the club.
- SAFETY is the most important aspect of the operation of our club.
(You must read and follow the safety rules outlined in the link above).
- You must conduct yourself in a sportsmanlike manner at all times.
- If you have problems and issues with other members, please resolve them outside the club.
- You are to be polite to other members, guests and club staff.
- Try to avoid confrontation with other members, guests and club staff.
- If you are in doubt about anything, stop what you are doing and seek assistance.
- If you feel you are being abused in any way, do not get confrontational.
(Get away from the situation and seek assistance or simply leave and come back at another time).
- If you feel anything is out of line, report it immediately to the Operations Manager or a club officer.
- If you have a problem with the operation of the club, we want to know about it.
Please contact the Operations Manager or any club officer. These people want to hear about it and help you.
- Harrassment of other members, guests or club staff will not be tolorated.
You will be ejected from the club if you engage in this activity.
Published in the ATA Bylaws:
The following is published in the ATA bylaws 09/01/2004:
SECTION XII article B (disqualification) paragraph 1_f
If the shooter behaves in other than a sportsman-like manner such as physical abuse,
verbal abuse or threats of any type directed to shoot personnel,
other competitors, or any other person, whenever on of off the shooting line,
if such conduct occurs on gun club grounds and during any day when ATA Registered shooting takes place;
The above rule provides for disqualification and removal from ATA Registered shoots.
The McHenry Sportsmen's Club consideres this to be a good rule and will apply to our club at all times.
Trap Help and Problem Resolution:
- Our trap help staff is made up mostly of teenagers. We love each one of them and want you to do the same.
- They welcome association, fellowship, kind suggestions and advice.
(However: too much of the above will cause distraction and disrupts the operation)
- Sometimes things go wrong. Equipment fails or the individual simply is having a hard time.
- If this happens, and you feel it needs to be rectified, politely inform the individual running the squad.
Please do not complain, just inform. It is usually not their fault something is wrong.
We have automatic target machines and voice release systems.
Our personnel really do not directly control target presentations.
- Trap help normally does not adjust equipment. Please do not expect them to.
- They will try to fix what they can. They normally know who can fix what and will try to get the proper people involved.
- If you are still having problems, please inform the Operations Manager.
Arguing with a teenager normally will not yield your desird results and can only cause more problems.
- This club will do everything possible to make your shooting experiance enjoyable.
- Complaints are best resolved by our Operations Manager.
- Harrassment to teenagers can get you (and this club) into a lot of legal trouble.
If you have an issue or problem with the "kids", please report this to the Operations Manager.
Do not worry about getting them in trouble. We know each one of them and how to manage them.
You may mean well and maybe do not want to get the kid in trouble, but please...
It is better for everyone to let the club deal with our trap help instead of you.
This document is a "work in progress" and may be updated as needed.
Last Update: Friday, December 16, 2018
Copyright © 2004-2018 www.mchenry-sc.org